- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Wellness Care Is Essential for Northwest San Antonio TX Pets’ Good Health
Regular wellness exams are one of the most important aspects of managing your pet’s health care. Full nose-to-tail exams once a year at Callaghan Road Animal Hospital allow us to evaluate your pet’s health and detect changes or physical concerns early before they become serious. The earlier we diagnose medical conditions, the easier it may be to treat them.
A wellness exam at Callaghan Road Animal Hospital may include any and all of the following, based on your pet’s individual needs:
- A complete physical exam by a veterinarian, including checking weight, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate
- Vaccinations to keep your pet on schedule
- Parasite screening
- Heartworm test
- Full dental exam and cleaning
- Blood chemistry analysis as a baseline for future reference
- Blood cell count analysis
- Urine and fecal analysis
- Thyroid screen
- Osteoarthritis exam
We realize each pet is special and make every effort to customize a health care plan for your pet that is as unique as he or she is. If you have any specific concerns you would like us to address, please don’t hesitate to ask us during the exam, or contact us with any questions. We are always happy to offer advice regarding behavior issues, nutritional concerns, flea and tick prevention, and any other topic you would like to discuss regarding your pet. Through regular wellness exams, our goal is to maintain a close relationship with you and your pet as we work together to ensure your pet’s good health.